Tonight marks the comeback of our live music and poetry shows.
The performers include Gareth Jenkins and Michael Aiken. Both are singers and writers, performing musically together with Gavin Stocker as Jenkins-Stocker-Aiken as well as delivering individual poetry readings on the night. Both authors’ most recent collections will be available on the night.
As always this event is free and open to all people of all ages.
Please note we are currently limited to 10 individuals in the building at any time (including performers). There is room on the footpath for additional audience members.
Statement on COVID-19 safety
Garden Lounge takes the current health epidemic very seriously and we have implemented the following actions to minimise the risk of contagion:
* All staff are washing their hands frequently throughout the day and disinfecting tables, chairs, arcade machines, books etc on a rolling routine
* Customers are asked to use our hand sanitiser or handwashing station (near the counter) on arrival
* Our shop decor has been rearranged to maximise distance between individuals and increase the total seating space available
* Our concertina front windows and doors are ALWAYS open, as is the back door, so punters can listen and watch performances without remaining in the main room
* The microphone, guitar and piano are disinfected every time someone uses them
* We are making surgical masks and hand sanitsiser freely available for all to use (subject to supply)
* Customers feeling ill or displaying signs of illness are asked to stay home.
* Staff suffering any symptoms of illness will be sent home (with sick pay)
* Our COVID-SAFE plan includes a nominated Covid marshall onsite for events to ensure social distancing both in the venue and on the footpath outside.
* Any audience, staff or performers who disregard the safety of others will be asked to leave